Tuesday 6 January 2015

New Year ...new start?

Well welcome one and all to 2015!  Has it been a good start for you so far?  I must admit to not a lot of crafting so far but I thought I would share some of my pre Christmas makes and the latest Crafty What Nots box with you.


                                   
I made these little earrings for presents.  The one on the left is a plain domed square with a clear bead.  The one on the right has a hammered texture (sorry photos aren't great) this earring has a blue bead.   And I did indeed make a pair of each! They were so incredibly cute, I think I may just have to make a few more pairs!

Before Christmas I was commissioned to make a couple of one off individual Crafty What Nots boxes.  I thought I would share the contents with you.  They weren't festive inside as they would be received on Christmas day and would obviously be too late to start anything Christmassy!


Each box was different and designed individually to match the recipients colour preferences and ages.  As they were going to the same house I also made sure that the tutorials were different so they could swap and try each others.  Both boxes were packed with papers and embellishments, tutorials and a handmade personalised scrapbook in a tin.  There were stamps and ink pads, stickers and two tutorials!  Hopefully they were loved as much as I enjoyed creating these boxes.


Now for January's Crafty What Nots box.  This month was Chic Noir. This gorgeous box was full of lovely blacks and creams,  papers, pearl card, a variety of embellishments and card banks and of course a couple of tutorials and a personal handmade gift.


The first tutorial was to make this shiny bracelet with super sparkly crystal beads and fake pearls.  


The next tutorial was to make this pocketed mini album.  The beauty of this little book is it is made from just one piece of paper and requires no glue or tape (unless you want to that is).


I added some embellishments to the front and a few inside the book as well.


Here you can see the inside pockets, just right to pop in tickets or photos.


Here is a card I made using the really lovely papers.  They are so thick and great quality that they don't need to be mounted to make this easel card which makes life much easier!


I also made some bunting and attached them using the little pegs in the set to the cord.



This month I made little beaded bookmarks for each of my subscribers.  I think I may have to do this as a tutorial soon!

If you want to try a Crafty What Nots box yourself they are only £15 inc P&P.  Just pop over to www.jennysis.com to look at reviews and past boxes as well ordering info.  Deadlines for each month are the 15th of the previous month so hurry before you miss out!  Next month is J'adore, just a little love!

xxx





1 comment:

  1. I love the ideas you have come up with for the January box Chic Noir. The bracelet is very pretty and that little book is gorgeous :) Oh and Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete