Sunday 11 January 2015

Macramé Beaded Bracelet Tutorial

Where has this weekend gone??? I have had quite the busy week planning pretty crafts for the latest Crafty What Nots box, With a love theme I am having terrible trouble narrowing down the options to include! Oh the choices!!!! 

I thought it was about time I popped another tutorial your way!  Here is a little one on how to make a beaded bracelet.  I love the simplicity (it is easy!!! honest!)

beaded-macramé-bracelet-tutorial

Beaded Macramé bracelet
You will need a pencil, 2m length of cord and a selection of beads with big enough holes for the cord to pass through.


Step 1 – Fold your cord in half and measure 30cm from the fold.  Create a loop and knot so you can just fit a pencil through the loop. Lay the threads so that the fold is pointing towards you and the two long ends lay either side of the shorter one.


Step 2 – thread a bead onto the short ends which are still joined at the end. (always keep this length pointing towards you).
  

Step 3 – take the left thread, pass it under the middle threads and over the right thread.

  
Step 4 – now take the right thread, pass it over the middle threads and post it through the left hand loop so that it travels under the left thread. This is the basic knot we will use throughout.


Step 5 – gently pull both threads evenly, they should create a knot which surrounds your first bead.




Step 6 – Using the same techniques create another knot, this time without a bead.  Do this 5 times to create a short knot length.
  

Step 7 – add another bead like you did in step 2 and then repeat steps 3-5.   Now knot 5 more knots without beads.  Alternate beads and knots until your bracelet is long enough to go around your wrist.


Step 8 – once the length is long enough, tie a knot after the last bead using all 4 threads.  Carefully cut away the short folded thread up to the knot (Your knot should keep your threads in place, however if you wish to add a little dab of nail varnish or glue to the knot is will help secure it further.



 Step 9 – Lastly thread a bead onto the last long threads, let it sit around 1cm down and then knot the thread a couple of times so that the bead won’t fall off.  Add a dab of glue or nail varnish to stop the thread unravelling. 




This last bead is your catch!  Post it through the loop you made in step 1 and hey presto!  All ready to wear!

Well I will be popping off to link up with Handmade Harbour and see what other lovely bloggers have been up to!  I am also linking up to

Have a creative time xxx

16 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! My nieces loved their Christmas crafty what not boxes and one had made the blue bead bracelet before we finished opening all the other presents! Thanks so much for compiling them, I can recommend them as presents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I'm so thrilled they liked them! They were a wonderful pre-Christmas distraction so thank you so much for thinking of me. I am in the throws of planning more one off boxes now! Will keep you posted xxxx

      Delete
  2. A great easy to follow tutorial. I used to love doing macrame, I've still got the owl I made in the late seventies! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those crafts that just keeps coming round isn't it! I love the fact you can create so much and all with knots! I hear it is making a huge comeback again!!! I think I may need to learn a few other knots! lol xx

      Delete
  3. I love how easy you make this look, definitely pinning so I can give it a try later. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey. It was a tutorial from one of my Christmas one off Crafty What Nots boxes! xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for posting such a great tutorial. This will be fun to make and see the finished result. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hope you have a wonderful week too xx

      Delete
  5. This is soooo cute, thanks for the tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very similar to breaclets I have crocheted before, but a little different look. Great job with the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy aren't they and so many variations. I have made one's with only a couple of beads in the middle and nearly all knots. You just have to remember to adjust the cord lengths. Xx

      Delete
  7. A cute bracelet and great tutorial.

    Thanks for sharing. I need to look up what your what not boxes are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. There is a link to crafty what nots at the top of the post. There are lots of lovely reviews and pictures of past boxes as well as buying options of you would like to try one for yourself. Deadline for February boxes is 15th Jan xx

      Delete
  8. A lovely clear tutorial and a really pretty bracelet. :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete