Monday 13 June 2016

Trying to be a Good Parent ~ The Crafty Way #4

In my garden I have a beautiful decked area which up until this year I really hadn't utilised.  It is quite new as the old one had rotten through.  It has been so lovely to wander onto but not so practical for the kids to be unattended.  Don't get me wrong, there is loads of space to run around but the handrail had large spaces underneath which meant littlest could go plummeting off the edge in her baby walker (not good!).

I wanted to share with you my practical (and possibly not so practical) solutions for the space under the hand rail.


Giant abacus


String art


Beaded wire things (sorry that wasn't v technical!)



Lastly this is my latest creation, a water play station,  We had been saving plastic bottles for ages and I had this vision and I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out.  What do you think?

I hope you have a lovely week. 

I will be popping by Handmade Monday as usual so do pop by and see some lovely blogs xx

11 comments:

  1. Fun in the garden and very colourful, well done on your safety ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many clever and creative ideas! My kids would have loved all these when they were small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not sure they are as interested now the novelty has worn off but it was certainly fun to make xx

      Delete
  3. AWESOME!
    [get Thee to a PATENT-OFFICE!]
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have used a variety of techniques to create a fun space for her, and a safer space for you all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has certainly made it a far more fun space x

      Delete
  5. They are fabulous ideas, your children are very lucky to have such a creative mummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those 'under hand rail things' look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete