Sunday 28 September 2014

Button Doodle Cards tutorial

Just a little tutorial for you lovely guys this week.  I have been making some little button doodle cards and thought I would share how.  

I used 3x3" card blanks as I had quite little buttons.  I started by sticking a couple of buttons onto my card front. I used glue dots but I have also sewn them in place before and that looks fab too! (I was just being impatient to get to the doodling bit today!) 


Next step ..... DOODLE!  (told you this was a little tutorial!)


I doodled my buttons into flowers.  I also did a few as birds which you may spot below.


Here are just a few of my afternoons creations!  You can see that some cards I only used 1 button and on others I used 3.  I tried to make all my flowers a little different. 

Well off for a quick dip at handmade harbour before an early night ready to get packing up my 'Crafty What Nots' boxes ready for posting!  Yeah!

xxx



20 comments:

  1. I love your button cards! They are so cute and I'm sure they will be cherished by whoever is lucky to receive them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do hope they go down well! xx

      Delete
  2. They look fabulous Jenny! I love how there's a theme and they all look different but similar. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I kept experimenting and although some looked terrible to start with they just all seemed to come together! I just love them all. xx

      Delete
  3. These are great! Love the doodles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey xxTrying to adopt a bit of the old Zentangle! Am really pleased with them now! I kept trying to think of other things I could do like animals but decided not to run before I could crawl! So just stuck to flowers for the time being! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow those are cute. Such a simple idea, but the end result is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they do day simplicity is the best!! They were good fun to do and really pushed me to be creative! Xx

      Delete
  5. Aww what a lovely idea, they look so cute all together :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The little size makes them extra cute I think! Xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, so, so simple and yet so outstanding, they are amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey. I really love them too! Xx

      Delete
  7. Gosh for 'doodles' they have turned out amazing! Really pretty little cards and all unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised if I'm honest, so pleased with them. Think I may pop them in my shop. Xx

      Delete
  8. They are very cute, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute! I think I would have to doodle first then add the buttons because my drawing is pretty poor and I'd draw over the button! Your cards are so precise and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they may look good if they were stamped first too. Will have to experiment I think. xx

      Delete