Saturday 6 September 2014

Once upon a story stone - teachers packs

Well the last few weeks have been slightly crazy! I have been finishing off an order for 3 teacher sets of story stones, that's 90 pebbles, 180 images, 3 instruction booklets and 15 bags!

Here is one of the sets, all labelled and ready to go!


I am thrilled with the results but it has been quite the task!  I usually sew my own drawstring bags from fabric scraps but the thought of doing 15 was...well...very stressful! I decided to buy in some plain bags and then dye them myself.  Have you tried using the handwash dylon dyes???? Little tip...when they say wear gloves...do! and wear them all the time!  I had multi coloured hands as I only wore mine for parts of the process.  After creating my bags I ironed on my logo and the class names so the bags didn't get all muddled.


I draw each image myself, then colour and cut out before attaching to each pebble.  It has take some time to get to this technique with many a failed pebble to prove it!  I even tried stream lining the production by scanning completed images and printing off copies but they never looked as good.

Anyhow, after great lengths they are finally done and ready to go to their new homes.

I have found these school holidays to have been soooooo long!  It has been quite the juggling act to manage kids, work and crafting but I think I may have made it...just...and with a few grey hairs too I expect!  Here are a few of my recent makes.





As always I will be popping round to Handmade harbour for a peek  at some wonderful blogs!

xxx


I am also popping round to sewlicioushomedecor.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky teachers (and pupils!), these are brilliant. The hours and hours you put into them were clearly worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey. They are off to their new homes today so fingers crossed! xx

      Delete
  2. Story stones, what a fabulous idea and the multicoloured bags are perfect for young children. Your cards are beautiful too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was so worried about the dying part but it worked really well in the end. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm sure your story stones will be a great hit in the classroom, you've made so many lovely things over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey. Apparently they went down really well! such a relief! xx

      Delete