Monday 9 May 2016

May Day - Crafty What Nots unboxing

It's that time of the month again to show you what exciting goodies were inside May's mystery box!
Here is a little video of me unboxing it (I can never get used to doing the talking on these things).  The theme (as you may have guessed) was May Day.  As always there were two crafty kits inside.  One to make a decoupaged peg board and the other to learn the basics of Iris folding. I really loved the papers in this box.  I don't normally care for the vintage theme if I'm honest but these were so great and there was so much to make with them.


This months handmade gift was a decorated ruler, mechanical pencil and a rubber.  

My problems I faced with this box were primarily glue.  I always include whatever glues or sticky items you might need and this box needed a roll of sticky tape as well as glue.  I had run out of all my little glue pots and if I'm honest they wouldn't have been big enough so I tried something new!

I sealed the end of an extra wide straw (thanks IKEA) and then filled with glue (Mod Podge is by far my fav!) ad then sealed the other end up! perfect and it is amazing how much I got in there!

The next box theme is 'My Guy' perfect for those crafting for a man in their lives, although if you don't or would rather just craft for yourself then this box is perfect as one of the tutorials is a little upcycling Jewellery kit!
Here is a little peek

sneak peek, upcycled jewellery project

Order books for June's box close on the 15th so if you fancy trying a box out (with no obligation at all) then visit www.craftywhatnots.com and click the 'buy me' tab 


I am also on the look out for promoters.  If you have a good two of either facebook, instagram, blog, twitter and would be interested in testing and promoting a box please do let me know either below or drop me an email at jenny@craftywhatnots.com.  I am happy to welcome overseas testers.

Have a fab week and do pop by Handmade Monday and Creative Monday to visit a few new blogs and read some familiar ones! 
xxx


2 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous things, I'm still using up pieces from my first box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A box full of goodieness and surprises.

    ReplyDelete